The time of waiting for baby girl is nearing its end. I know I probably mention it all the time, but at this time with Jocelyn, I was not even near ready. I remember approaching this week for work and thinking, "I will pack my hospital bag and get everything squared away at work next week. Most first babies are born after their due date anyway so that is good timing." Little did I know that I would have Jocelyn at 36 weeks.
I had no hospital bag
No outfit to take her home in
We had yet to even bother figuring out how to install the carseat
Nothing was prepared for baby to come home. Nothing. Including the two parents.
Come March 1 when I finally realized I was in labor (I was in serious denial for quite a while) Cory just grabbed me one change of clothes while I worked through contractions and we drove the 20 minutes from Draper to Provo where I would have her. He bought the smallest thing at Target he could find to take her home in and I spent the two days in the hospital in a hospital gown because I only had a sweatshirt and nothing friendly to nursing.
Needless to say, we were not prepared.
This time, I want to be ready. I also happen to have the ability to "nest". I have been washing and going through all the newborn-3 month clothes, getting Jocelyn's room ready to share with her sister, and trying.......to organize our home.
Though we are having another girl, we have been blessed with amazing family and friends who have asked us if we need anything. To be honest, I cannot for the life of me remember what a new baby needs!
We have the following:
Diapers (thanks to my awesome friends and neighbors for throwing me a shower!)
Wipes
newborn and 0-3 onsies a plenty (40 to be exact)
sleepers
burp cloths
blankets
pack and play
bouncer
car seat
stroller
carrier
As for what we do not currently have and could either use or...I just happen to want, I have come up with the following:
Baby lotion
Car seat cover (my awesome mom is making this)
Big Sister, Little sister shirts (want in every way but I think it would be cute.)
New crib (Jocelyn still sleeps in hers.)
Winter clothes for 3-6 months possible 6-9 as well
Summer clothes for 9-18 months
That is about what I can think of. So.....can anyone think of anything I am missing? I just don't remember......
It's Enough
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment