Voting

Friday, March 18, 2011

Angel Lullaby

A movie that we have for Jocelyn plays a song in the background that I grew up listening to. I kept catching myself singing it but only remembering the chorus so I decided to look up the lyrics.This song is originally from a play written in...um the 70's? Called My turn on earth which is about the Plan of Happiness. However, when I looked it up I found that people from all over who may have never heard of the play cherish it and use it for so many reasons. How amazing is that?This is why I love music, it speaks to our souls and to each of us in a different way. For me, it is often the answers to my prayers and, the best way for me to express myself. I have found there is always a song that says what I am feeling much better than I can. Which I love. "When emotions are too big to speak, you sing."

Also, in the process of looking for the lyrics I found this blog post, what an amazing reminder of not only how powerful music is, but also that we are all being watched over especially in our most difficult times.




You came from a land where all is light
to a world half day and a world have night

To guard you by day, you have my love
and to guard you by night, your friends above.

So sleep sleep till the darkness ends
guarded by your angel friends
So sleep sleep till the darkness ends
guarded by your angel friends

There is one by the window watching for the dawn
and another to tell you when the night is gone
There is one standing quietly by your bed
and another to sits close, with a hand on your head

So sleep sleep till the darkness ends
guarded by your angel friends
So sleep sleep till the darkness ends
guarded by your angel friends

Words: Carol Lynn Pearson Music: Lex de Azevedo

No comments: