Yesterday morning, while Jocelyn was screaming at me at the top of her lungs because she wanted her bottle not a sippy cup. And at dinner when she was doing the same for similar reasons and other reasons I am still unsure of, I might have questioned this whole motherhood thing.
Then after dinner she decided she would deal with her cup so she drank some milk. than we played. And she was so happy. And she decided to show off all of her cool one year old things she decided to wake up one day and know how to do. Saying hi, randomly picking things up (like her cup, books anything) and covering her face so we can play "where is Jocelyn?", or being a master at going down stairs, and starting to practice more signs with us while watching signing time (watching anything is quite new for her). She also just decided to be so happy and cute. Giggling and laughing and spitting (her favorite), playing chase and talking to the cats. It was such a fun evening I actually could not believe it when I realized it was her bed time. That has never happened. She usually barely makes it to that time. But last night, we had a blast. And all I could think was, I love being a mom. The thought of her giggle and watching her learn just gives me butterflies. One year olds are so fun!
It's Enough
11 years ago

1 comment:
Goosebumps. That is just beautiful.
Post a Comment