Voting

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'll love you forever

Jocelyn was sick tonight. She has randomly been running a fever, tonight was the worst of it all. Happy all day and fine but tonight she ran a temp of 100-101 with tylenol. She could only sleep if I was holding her in the rocking chair. Usually I get grumpy if I am deprived of sleep. But tonight was different. I sat there, with my one year old. I just held her little body, which is not so little anymore. She is big enough now that she just streatches out across me. Then I looked at her little feet. Those feet are not so little anymore either. Then I imagined those feet getting bigger. Thinking about how much more they would grow. How it would not be too long before that little body was so big I might not be able to cuddle her and rock her as easily (don't worry I will still probably try.) Then, of course, I thought of the famous mommy cry book "I'll love you forever" and I realized I knew the meaning of it. This little baby (who is so quickly on her way to toddlerhood) no matter how big she gets, will always be my baby. It does not matter how big that little body grows to be, or those adorable little feet, I will always be there and willing to snuggle her and rock her when she needs it. Just as my mom did for me. I will do for her because "as long as I'm living, my baby [she] will be".

Even better,for all eternity my baby she will be.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like she is teething...feel better "J" and yes she will always be your baby!

Heather and Spencer said...

Hope she feels better fast! Love that story too, we bought a copy for Ryan when he was a baby and will be doing the same for our new little!

Fantabulous Lil P said...

<3 You leave me with only tears.