Voting

Sunday, December 5, 2010

One reason I love my In-Laws

Have I ever mentioned how I completely lucked out with my amazing In-Laws? They are so awesome I hate adding the "In-Law" part when I refer to them. They are the best. One amazing thing about them is how giving they are. They truly enjoy doing things for people.
Cory and I spent every Saturday while dating surfing, thanks to his Dad who is the best surf instructor ever. (really I think he should have his own school) Since we have been married he has slowly been converting my whole family to the glories of being out in the ocean with a board and riding the waves. He is so patient and good at figuring out how each person learns and really just enjoys teaching. This is rare as most surfers just want to catch a wave. This has created many wonderful memories for our family. One that particularly stands out being last New Years Eve day when he taught my nephew Christian. It was the best day ever and I am so glad we have that memory now as it was also our last surf day with Steve. I don't think we could have asked for a better day. (he might have wanted to be at a different beach with bigger waves though, ha)

Anyway, during Thanksgiving we (obviously) ventured out to the beach to surf. Though the waves were not the best, everyone was able to have a blast and I do believe we had a few more converts to surfing because of it. Due to the high demand for wet suites, I gave mine up for the day but vowed I will go out during Christmas. It was fun being together and watching Jocelyn enjoy the beach. Thank you David and Shelly for being so awesome and wonderful to my family!

I put Jocelyn on a towel and in a matter of seconds she was off exploring the sand. Some of which included shoving handfuls in her mouth then holding it shut so I could not get it out. Stinker.

Not long after being there I thought I would just see what Jocelyn thought of the cold water. (and I mean cold. Colder then usual this time of year) This water that usually leaves adults and kids alike running away from its chill just made Jocelyn even happier. She just splashed and kicked her feet every time a wave washed it onto her feet. I'm not going to lie, it makes me just a little bit happy that I have such a water baby. Just a little.
One of our newest converts to surfing is Sara. She loved it. To the others who were out too-sorry I did not get pictures.

Jocelyn decided that she wanted to eat everything everyone else ate that day. She discovered that if she would just lay her head in Sara's lap she would feed her to her hearts content. Chocolate muffin, yum!

This is a content heart, or tummy, with a chocolate covered face.

Now I know why my mom loved taking us to the beach. Not only is it the best place ever, but everyone sleeps well after!

No comments: