Jocelyn spent most of my pregnancy very excited about the baby in my tummy. She wanted to go to dr. appointments, feel baby move and talked non stop about babies in tummies. Then the day arrived, Calli was born, and she was going to meet her baby sister. Cory brought her in and sat her next to me on the hospital bed and I showed her Calli. And, as would be expected of a toddler who just had a very strange last day and a half, she was hesitant. She did not jump at the chance to hold Calli as she had with any other baby she saw at any moment before. Instead she wanted to do this:
But, by the next day she was smitten. Since then, she has been smothering her sister with all sorts of big sister love. She reads her stories, plays with her and, sometimes even shares. I, as you may tell by the small selection of pictures on here, love it. I really hope that they will both get along, for the most part, when they are older.
She is always concerned that her sister does not have enough toys and things to make her happy. Here she let her sister use her blankey, rawrie (favorite animal) and a toy she found in her toy box. Calli, of course, is thrilled.
If I ever set Calli on the floor for anything, Jocelyn must join in. One of her animals or baby dolls usually does so as well.






1 comment:
So sweet and special I love it!
Post a Comment