I always think that I might be able to compose some eloquent post, something to truly express my feelings and help others understand. This often does not happen. It did not happen here. Instead, I just wrote. It may not make sense. But, it helps.
I have been seeing posts since last night and have not really been able to think of what I want to say. Obviously, the first thing I think about is the amazing guy Andrew is. He was a big brother to everyone. Even me, and I was 3 years older. The protector, you do not mess with people who Andrew cares about. He was the leader, always pushing people to do more than they every thought themselves capable of. I remember him showing up at our house every day to pull my little book worm brother outside and force him to run, even if he hated it. And when he was with Andrew, I don't think he hated it as much. The love that my brother had for him is the love I feel anyone who met him possessed. He loved deeply. Andrew was always in love.Not just crushes on girls, but real love. Love for friends, family and girls He knew true love. Caring more for those in his life than he did for himself.
This then makes me think of the fact that he was doing what he was always destined to do, be a leader who protects those he loves. Even those who are difficult to love.. I really could not have imagined Andrew doing anything else. He was that guy. Always thinking of others and always pushing himself to be the best he could be.Exactly what our military needed I can honestly say, I knew no other person quite as determined until I met my husband. I like to think they would have been great friends. In fact, I often hoped we would all be visiting Simi at the same time so they could meet.
Speaking to my Mom last night she said, "he was deployed too many times." and I have to say, while no one loves deployments, I feel that whenever I have met anyone like Andrew they all seem to feel the same. He would have rather it been him deploying, being there and giving his life than anyone else. This, to me, is my comfort. He gave his life doing what meant the world to him. He was being a friend to the friendless, a protector of those who need protection. He was serving his God, country and family with all his heart. And that was, and is Andrew.. I know Andrew will continue to protect us now, and am grateful for this knowledge. My prayers to his family, and to him.
It's Enough
11 years ago

3 comments:
Rachel you awesomeness times forever!!!
Sounded pretty eloquent to me. Thanks for sharing. Love you!
I am with Bethany. Sounded very eloquent and is a perfect way to describe Andrew! Andrew was always serving others...he "broke in" to my mom's house on more than one occasion and started making my mom and sisters breakfast before they ever woke up! He truly is an amazing person!
Post a Comment