Voting

Saturday, May 19, 2012

It is all about the end result.

19 Weeks, or now, 20. Pregnancy this time has been so different. I have been sicker, much much more tired and, while I swore this time I would gain less weight....that has not happened. However, I am a much more pleasant person to be around this time. When I was pregnant with Jocelyn, many people told me that the end result made this whole pregnancy thing worth it. I seriously doubted them. I knew babies were cute, but...were they cute enough? I will be honest and say, I didn't believe anyone until Jocelyn was about 15 months.
I get it now. At the ultrasound for baby #2, the moment this beautiful little hand came into view, my heart melted. I just knew that was a precious little person destined to join our family. A personality that would cause my heart to burst with love like it does for Jocelyn. Oh how I love ultrasounds! It is a real shame there is not one Dr. in our area that does more than one. I swear with all the people who are pregnant here they would at least consider it, not just for our sanity, but for the rest of the county's! Seeing a little person growing inside you just seems to make it all a little better. Suddenly, when you are so sick you can barely move (which I have been..every day...all day..ugh.) you look at that hand, foot, profile, and it is a little better I think I have been smiling since Wednesday. Am I still sick? Yes. Tired? Absolutely. Do I enjoy pregnancy? Not. One. Bit. But I know that this end result is definitely worth it.
Oh and, we are having another girl!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Having two kids is absolutely crazy but so much fun.