Voting

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Bike Trailer, croozer kid for 2

I have more pictures but cannot get them at the moment as they are on my not working computer. However, it documents it.

For my birthday I asked for one thing. Money to get a bike trailer/jogging stroller. I wanted to work out with Jocelyn in tow so I had no excuses. I did not want a bike seat since they are not as safe if you happen to crash your bike. My sister had one and it seemed like the perfect solution. I did as much research as I could but there was not much out there. I just knew I needed it to be 1)durable 2) easy to use 3) comfy for any children using it. There is a lot out there. Ranging from $100-$600. I eventually decided I would get one kind of in the middle because I planned on using it a ton and not just to ride around the block. This is what I bought.
It is the Croozer kid for 2. It is the cheaper, chinese version of the most expensive $600 one. It was $450 and came with everything I needed. Most people will not pay this much. It is possible I could have found something just as good for cheaper, but from what I read, this was better for heavier use. I was able to get it and I have really loved it and the customer service I have received getting it from a bike store as opposed to online is wonderful.

Features I looked for and I like:

Bucket seats- A lot of cheaper strollers have canvas with not actual seat and I have heard the kids slide into each other. No idea of its true but I wanted something to avoid that

Infant attachment- you can get an infant sling so that you can still run before your child is 6 months old. I was dying to work out when Jocelyn was little and it drove me crazy. This should help next time around.

Space in back- we have gone to costco and fit all of our groceries in the back of this baby. It was grand.

Simple to switch modes- moving from trailer to stroller is simple and requires no tools. I even figured it out on my own.

Con- While it has a lot of space so that your children fit in it comfortable, it is too wide to fit through a typical doorway. This means that we have to fold it down to bring it inside. But it folds down really easily so its not that big of a deal.

We did have an issue where it was veering right when I was using it as a jogging stroller, but taking it to the shop was a quick easy fix and they will fix it any time. Which is nice.

And here are some pictures of us enjoying our rides, or rather Jocelyn enjoying our rides.

We rode up the canyon a lot this summer. And let me tell you. IT WAS AWESOME. Jocelyn loved it, I loved it, Cory loved it. This is Jocelyn "reading" her book. Never mind it is upside down.


Playing at the park at the beginning of the canyon, about a 5-6 mile ride from our house
Playing halfway-ish up the canyon- 10 mile ride from our house.

We had a blast and I have never been happier about a $450 purchase. It suits our needs. Hopes this helps anyone trying to decide on what to get.

6 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

That's a sweet trailer! I need to get one eventually. Not sure if I can afford that but if its possible I just might look into that! I'm gonna need something for 2 kids next spring so I can get back in shape after the baby.

Rachel said...

it is expensive. i saved for almost a year for it. honestly, there are cheaper ones out there and i am sure they work fine. i just know this one will go through a lot. i used it for working out, grocery shopping, family outings etc. so i wanted something durable.

Heather and Spencer said...

We have probably the cheapest bike trailer out there...it was the only way I was going to get one. But now I want the one you have!!! Mine works for riding to the park and back, and other "recreational" bike rides, but I could never go grocery shopping! I wanted a bike trailer as opposed to the seat for the same safety reasons, my downfall is that it is HEAVY! It takes a lot to pull those things, I am impressed you do it with a kid and groceries! Good Job!

Audrey Spence said...

I have the seat on the back but have never had issues and we'd ride all around Tooele. I'd go up the canyon and ride to my parents (their only like a little over 6 miles from us). I would love to have something larger for groceries though. If I had Charlotte I would cram my backpack with stuff and that would kill my back but it worked. Other times I'd use her seat if I was on my own. Maybe I should start saving :) It's a jogging stroller too right? Two of the 3 grocery stores out here are within walking distance and I could even do that and that would be sweet!

Rachel said...

Heather- there is nothing wrong with the cheaper ones. and whatever gets you out there right? but yeah, i do love it. something else i found out is the more expensive ones distribute the weight better. so this one may be a bit lighter. don't get me wrong, i can tell its there but its not so bad.

Audrey- it is a jogging stroller too. that was one thing i wanted since i train for triathlons some times. it is pricy, but i promise i saved for a while. i love it!

Heather and Spencer said...

Part of the how heavy it is, I am sure is due to the fact I am way out of shape! One that makes it even a little easier and distributes the weight more evenly is totally worth looking into!