Way before I was pregnant, probably even before I was married there were moments I could not wait for my children to experience someday. I watched my nieces and nephews have these moments, and I thought about how special it would be when those were my children. One such moment is that of bedtimes stories from Grandma.
When we were little we always got to pick three stories to read before bed. Then as we got older my mom would read classic children's stories to us (i.e. Wrinkle in Time, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan) Needless to say, we all love reading. And, as a consequence of that, we are pretty dang good at reading comprehension as well. Thanks Mom! (grammer is a whole different story, sorry)
Since I have tried to carry the bedtime story tradition on in our little family, I knew Jocelyn would enjoy having Grandma read to her when we went to her house for Christmas. And, of course, she did. I look forward to watching Jocelyn grow in her love and understanding of books and hope she cherishes her bedtime stories as much as we did.

1 comment:
Aren't grandmas the best! Baby J is so cute! You three make such an adorable family. I check your blog out every once in a while to get a peek in to your life. Hope you're doing well.
- Kristi-Lynn
P.S. In response to your camera question. We've really gotten into photography over the past few years and have upgraded cameras a few times. We now shoot with a Nikon D700 which is a professional camera with no presets (i.e., portrait mode, sports mode, etc). It's definitely not for the average consumer as it requires a lot of camera knowledge, but if/when you're every looking to upgrade, email me and I can give you some suggestions.
Post a Comment