A year ( and now a month ago because I am just now posting this.) I was newly married, new to Utah and just starting my very..interesting job as a receptionist at a hair salon. (Posting from my first day for those who want to know just how interesting is here. hint start the second paragraph) It is crazy to think how much you change and learn in a year. ( and a month)
Though A year is not really that long, it seems to be one of those mile markers. Its like you have reached a certain status. When people ask you how long you have been married, they don't just chuckle at you like they do when you say 3 months. You have finally celebrated a real aniverasry. By the way, why do people say things like 2 month aniversary and 6 month aniversary? Doesn't aniversary mean whatever it is is anual, as in once a year? Just a random thought. But back to the mind ramblings at hand
When Cory and I were first married it was weird to me that people would say how fast a year, two years or five years went by. It felt like forever to me! Not in a bad way, but I just couldn't wait to have some more time under my belt. And, with a ten month engagement we felt like we had already been married for almost a year. But then the next thing I knew, it was 8 months, then 10, then a year. I don't know if it was just the fact that I needed to get through those first few months, or that I worked as a receptionist at a hair salon and had nothing better to do then clean and count how long I have been married. I will probably assume the latter. But it has been a year and a lot has happened. I am excited for the eternity ahead of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment