Voting

Monday, June 29, 2009



I have never actually stayed overnight in a hospital before, though I spent much of my childhood going to them and for some reason wishing I could stay. But I think that was more because of the fact that whenever I went I would get balloons and all sorts of attention. At that point needles were a part of my life. I would even request a specific needle each time they took blood.

Well, this weekend broke my track record. Long story as short as i can make it, On Tuesday I worked out with a personal trainer. She worked my triceps and shoulders a lot but nothing too crazy. The worst part was at the end when she had me use a machine and do something called a drop down set. But even then it wasn't so bad she was practically lifting the weight for me. So, when I was sore the next couple of days I complained but was not surprised. Wednesday- couldn't lift my arms, Tuesday-couldn't lift my arms, Thursday- still couldn't lift my arms and there was so much pressure in them. It hurt and was weird but we all thought it was working out. Friday comes along, not as sore but it hurt to move my arms. That evening we drive to Rexburg to visit my cousins and sister. My arms hurt but I didn't want to be a baby anymore, until they were twice the size they normally are! 




                                              My arm after a lot of swelling had gone down.


                                                 My are should be the same size as Sara's

So I ended up in a hospital, spent the best hour of my life crying (yes crying) because the nurses were fishing around for veins to start an IV ( 6 in my hands 2 in my arms not to mention one nurse would pull the needle out then stick it back in) Stayed overnight where they proceeded to poke me three more times to draw blood and one more for good measure to give me blood thinner. It was great, I loved it, kind of. I looked like popeye. 


* I am in no way trying to make hospitals or nurses look bad. My mom is a nurse and I have a lot of respect for her and nurses and hospitals in general. My arms were just huge. And I rode in a wheel chair for people quite larger then me. The end.

No comments: