While we were in California for Christmas, Cory gave Calli her baby blessing. We decided to have it at my parents house instead of in sacrament meeting so it would be a more comfortable setting for everyone involved. Since we do not really have a "home ward" in California anymore many people have no idea who we are, it just made more sense.
I remember when we were going to bless Jocelyn and Cory suggested doing this. I thought it was so strange and was not for it. So we didn't do it. However, after this experience, I would always like to do it this way.
On December 23 all of our family in California gathered at my parents. As you can see, it was a good sized crowd. We began by singing, " I have a Family Here on Earth." Let me just tell you how amazing that was. To be in a room, surrounded by so many loved ones who were here to celebrate a new member of the family and to hear them all sing that song.....such a touching moment. Usually, you sing this song at funerals. It was so beautiful to hear experience it in this setting and with a room full of all those we want to be with forever. I don't think I have the words to describe how beautiful and touching it was.
Afterward, a prayer was said and Cory blessed Calli. (she did fuss a little.) Afterward, we closed and had a delicious lunch all together.
It was the perfect day surrounded by those we love. I am so grateful for all those who were able to make it.
Here are some pictures of everyone attempting to crowd into the room.
The family photo
Some cute pictures of Calli in her dress that my sister was so kind to take.


No comments:
Post a Comment