On Monday March 12 I had a Dr.'s apt. One in which both Jocelyn and Cory accompanied me. I had some specific symptoms. The most prominent of which being nausea and fatigue. I thought I remembered how this would go, but was quickly reminded that I really have forgotten things when I was sent it to get my blood drawn. dang it. I forgot about that.
Then we waited. Jocelyn had just had her 2 year well child visit so she thought she knew how this would go. Until it was time for mommy to lay down. I didn't want her to be worried about what was going on so I told her the Dr. was going to use the special machine to hear a baby in mommy's tummy. And so we did. It took a minute- which freaked me out. But then we heard it. That wonderful heartbeat. The proof that I do not feel like death for no reason.
I knew it meant something to me, and to Cory but figured that was all for Jocelyn. Big deal. Until Cory told me that she kept saying, "baby mommy tummy." Then I went home after work and fed her. The ENTIRE half hour she sat in her chair she repeatedly said, "baby, mommy tummy." "mommy lay down." Over, and over again.
She then said that baby Samuel was in my tummy, which i promptly corrected and told her it was a different baby. You should have seen her face then. "NO WAY!" it seemed to say. She was still a bit skeptical but seemed to accept it at the time.
It's Enough
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment