Years ago someone told me that she felt my prayers were answered with music. In fact, that was when I discovered, or rather finally really listened to,
And So it Goes. That is what created, or rather encouraged the turning point for Cory and me. I 100% agree with this person (Sara). However, I have had kind of a dry spell with music lately. No time to practice, listen to or just enjoy music. It is difficult but something I know is temporary. But what is really difficult is that right now, this moment, my heart cries out for it. For that perfect song. The one with the lyrics that speak to my soul. To its joys, its worries, fears, pains. The one that has the answer to my prayers. My heart feels like it wants to jump out of my chest at the thought of singing. That maybe it is some operatic masterpiece that will calm this little heart or whatever else it may be that is trying to jump out of my chest.
Now is when I need my voice teacher. I know that sounds funny but a voice teacher, the right one, could listen to me now and pull exactly the right song to speak to my soul. Or maybe speak my soul. Oh the magic of those who truly speak the language of music....or at least the dialect I speak....
No comments:
Post a Comment