Voting

Monday, April 11, 2011

Things that have been on my mind lately..

Being a mom is really so fun. At least being a mom of a 1 year old. She is funnier and cuter every day. Her new thing? Giving hugs. Love it.

Getting ready for summer = me wanting the weather to stop taking its time and warm up! and just a little bit of stress because April and May are hectic getting ready for pool opening (but its still fun!)

Sometimes I feel like I am a lone military wife in the sense that I do not know what it is like to live through a deployment and I do not deal with the same things that active duty wives do and therefore do not really have much to relate to. But, I do not necessarily know of or relate to those whose husbands are retired just because they are retired. Its a weird place to be in that I feel few really understand. Not that things are bad, or that I feel really alone, but just......kind of like I am forging a path for others to cross. Its weird sometimes.

I love my family and am excited to swim together a lot this summer. Now bring on the warm/almost hot weather!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Yes, 1 year olds are the best aren't they?

Kelli said...

Well, don't feel too bad. TJ was only gone for 2 1/2 months and I was pretty down about it. I'm glad you won't have to put up with the active military lifestyle. You'll have your husband around when you need him. :) Everyone's military experience is different. You're one of the lucky ones.

Rachel said...

Kelli, I appreciate your comments. IT is true, everyone has a different experience. But I truly feel a little alone in mine. Those whose husbands deploy can depend on eachother, vent to each other. My husband is not just out, but medically retired. I think that is what is hard for me. I don't know that I have it easier, just different. Or maybe it is easier. Either way, until I know someone who is in the same position I guess I will never know...