Voting

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time

I can honestly say I had NO IDEA how busy I would be working full time and being a mom. I am so blessed and glad that I am able to spend the time with my family that I do. However, sometimes, especially near holidays I wish I had just a little more time to do some other things I see other moms doing.

Decorating our home for Halloween or insert any other holiday.
Making costumes (since apparently you have to buy costumes in August....lame)
And since I have to know how to sew to make costumes...learn to sew...ugh
Making fun Halloween treats again insert other hollidays.
Getting family pictures done- who would have ever thought this would be so hard?
Getting to know other people so we have people to celebrate with! (new ward around the holidays. fun.)

I just don't feel like I am in the holiday spirit. We don't even officially have a costume for Jocelyn, let alone for us. How lame is that?
But, while I am a little sad I cannot seem to get any of these things done, I am grateful for the wonderful job I have been blessed with. It is because of my job we were able to have Jocelyn. Maybe someday I can figure out how to do it all.....

3 comments:

Becca said...

I say just go get a halloween shirt and pants from Target or Wal-Mart!!!

Bethany said...

Nobody does it all ... especially working moms. The kid's costumes were the first sewing projects I did this entire year, if that makes you feel any better. And next year, ask me. I'll make J's costume. Heck, I'll make one for her this year if you tell me what you want and want to drive up here to get it. I do have a sheep costume from when William was about her size. It's yours to borrow if you want it.

Audrey Spence said...

You're so much better than me and I'm a stay at home mom. Charlotte hasn't had a costume yet and its her 2nd Halloween. Me and my husband definitely don't have any. Our neighborhood is lucky I'm putting up decorations and handing out candy this year. Last year we spent it up at my parent's house so I give you two thumbs up for being way busier than me and doing more than me!