Voting

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Food

Lately I have been in a food making, good recipe finding rut. For some reason I just could not think of many things to make. With the compination of ; no time, no energy and a VERY picky husband ( I know, I am picky too but believe me, he is picky) I come up blank when thinking of what ot cook

Well at one point I posted on Facebook for some help because I NEEDED new things to make. Cory may love having the menu of chicken and rice, spaghetti, enchilada casserole, leftovers and repeat for the rest of his life, but I just can't do it.(By the way, I absolutely love and adore my husband more than anything in the world. Hense the reason I try to make things he enjoys) After my post I received so much help and I have been so happy! So I decided to share some succeses I have had since then and some hopeful succeses.

My sister has opend my eyes to some wonderful food sites. To be honest, I think they all came through her...

If you have not heard of The Sisters Cafe, you should be happy now. There I have found some delicious recipes that even my oh so picky husband will eat. So far I tried:

Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells- Cory devours these. While they are in no way the most healthy meal, I did substitute cottage chesse for half of the ricotta. I like it that way. I would also prefer half the ammount of cream cheese. I thought it was just a little rich. But delicious! (also a great two meals in one idea. Freeze the other half)

What i hope will be a success is : The Spinach Twist (without the mushrooms of course)
Personally, my mouth waters looking at this.

Thats to my friend Heathe I found this recipe on Picky Palate:

Chicken Tostada Upside Down Bake

So good! Cory of course said he liked it but it was not as good as enchilada casserole. But it still works. I did think it was a tad salty, and I love salt. So I would not put the garlic salt in the mix next time.

Another website from my sister allrecipes.com brought me these two:

Italian Green Bean Chicken

We were both shocked that we enjoyed it so much! I put it over whole wheat pasta.

Asparagus Chicken Fajitas

They sound funny, I know, but they are delicious. I usually do not put the corn in them because I forget. And I am not much of an onion fan so I put less. And, per the reviews, I just cooked the chicken with the marinade.

So there they are. Some of my favorite recipes. If you have some you want to share, please send them my way!

1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

The upside down bake one sounds good...I am going to have to look that one up! You may also like ourbestbites.com