Voting

Thursday, April 29, 2010

He lives and I shall conqure death!


Today, April 29 2010 is the 20th brithday of Steven Mince. I have anticipated this day since we found out we had lost him. I was not sure how I would feel and have no idea how his family feels. There is no doubt that this is difficult, we miss him greatly. In thinking about today, I decided to turn to the words of our leaders in the church. How many wonderful and comforting words there are. My heart was drawn to the words of our prophet.


"To all who have lost loved ones, we would turn Job’s question to an answer: If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. “I am the resurrection, and the life,” spoke the Master. “He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.”20
Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so. "


"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. "


“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”13


My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: “He is not here: for he is risen"


What a blessing it is to know that I have not seen Steve for the last time.Though I miss is big smile and happiness more then I can even know, I do know that we will meet again. And we will all be together as a family again. And because of that I can truely say, "Oh joy this sentance gives! I know that my Redeemer lives!"
Happy Birthday Steve!

No comments: