Voting

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feel Good



In high school I played waterpolo. I loved it. I felt pretty hard core and, lets be honest, I was. I am now five years a high school graduate (that is so weird!) and have learned that not being in waterpolo and practicing for the minimum of 3.5 hours a day as hard as I can makes a difference in my body. That being said, I am glad I was in waterpolo because it taught me to love working out, or more, how I feel when I do. Which is where this fits into my blog.
I have discovered that I am an addict. I admit it, I am addicted to feeling good. I will do whatever it takes to feel good and in these last five years I have discovered that one of the biggest things taht does that for me is exercize. I have had my ups and downs. Times where I went forever without working out, telling myself I will do it another time as my past self looked on in disgust because I swore I would never be like that. But I think that I have found something that works.
I have had several different routines, most involving a lot of cardio and watching how many calories I eat ( not necessarily eating well though) I shied away from weights because, though I loved it then, I did not really want to earn back my bulky build with shoulders that, one of my friends so lovingly told me "scared him". But now I have learned. Forget the shin splints and weezing! Strength training is the way to go! Don't get me wrong. I still do my cardio. Just not as much. Which my legs are thankful for. I feel so good. strong but not "scary" and in tune with my body. Also, I have been making sure I eat healthier food.(another thing I swore I would never do) sometimes I will even eat vegitables! (gasp and shock!)

Basically, if you are looking to "feel good" I highly reccommend some strength training and healthy eating. Sure we all love our sweets. But it all just feels so good!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Yeah, Brandon agrees with you. He lost 35 pounds just from lifting weights and eating better. The only cardio he did was basketball every once in while.

Fantabulous Lil P said...

Pretty much! I have to gym now, too, since I haven't been able to keep up with dancing. So sad. But no worries...I am hoping that'll change next semester. Anyway, Kayla and Ashley have become my gym buddies and we go at least three times a week. And I still love racquetball. My new favorite, for sure.

Dan said...

I am actually pretty successful at the opposite and have no complaints so far!