Voting

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saturday Temple trip

So my brithday was on thursday March 20. ( first day of spring...thats right...not the 21 you weirdos.) And I was not really able to celebrate it because I worked all day, as well as everyone else and Cory was on base. But Cory promised me a birthday weekend. So I decided I wanted to go to the temple and do some baptisms. We are getting closer to actually going through and what better place to go? So we made an appointment for 11am on Saturday.

Well what is a temple trip without some difficulties? So, come Saturday morning my recommend had gone missing. I looked everywhere. To no avail. So I went to Cory's, we searched his house, and car and my car again. Still no recommend. Then I sent a text to our branch president because I didnt want to call and wake him up. He called me back and told me he would meet me at the church to get me a new one. ( thank goodness!) Well I was in the car at the time and cory was inside looking for my recommend. So I went to tell him. Now because Cory really hates to leave the car unlocked I made sure to be good and lock the car before I went to tell him.

I told him and we got ready to go. But as Cory went to let me in the car we discover that he left the keys in the car and I locked them in...( i am pretty good at that by the way)  now we were without both our recommends. At this point Cory suggested we just go on Monday, but I didn't want to wait. Luckily we had the keys to my car and we went to the church and got two new recommends. After a much needed prayer with our branch president we were on our way.

Boy am I glad we didn't wait until Monday. It was such a peaceful experience. And while we were there we met a returned sister missionary who was there with someone she taught on her mission who had been baptized 6months before. We found out that just a few moments before she was baptized for his wife and daughter and we were able to see the confirmation, and of course I cried. It was amazing.

All in all it was a good trip. The best part was that it was Cory's first time ever being inside the temple. It was so awesome being able to be there with him. I love him so much, and am so glad we were able to make it.

No comments: