Voting

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Changing

A lot of things have been changing for our family. Cory has finished all but one class for his undergrad degree. Because he has finished school he has also entered the working world. Calli, of course, was born (and seriously hates bottles.) And, due to all of this, I have turned in my letter of resignation to my job that I have had for the last 4 years.

I would be lying if I did not admit that I have thought about being a stay at home mom at times in the last 2, almost 3 years since I had Jocelyn. Yet, I was not sure how I felt when I told my boss. I cried when I typed up my letter of resignation and I cried as I handed it in. When my final day was determined (December 21) my stomach dropped.

Then I have days like yesterday. The sitter's son was sick and I had to go to a meeting. I sent out a desperate text to several neighbors and last minute, coordinated things for the girls and went to work. With a little back and forth and juggling and the help of AMAZING friends and neighbors, it worked. I would be lying if I said I would miss this aspect of working. I am excited to be home with my girls, to know I will be there for them and not be worrying about how they are doing, who will be with them and stressing about rushing through work to be home.


No comments: