Voting

Friday, August 24, 2012

False Labor

Oh pregnancy,

Don't get me wrong. I am so grateful that I am able to be pregnant with my second child. I am grateful she is healthy and moving all over. However, as I have stated before, I am not in love with pregnancy.

Last night I was lucky enough to experience another joy of pregnancy. False Labor. When I had Jocelyn, I did not realize I was in labor for quite a while because my contractions did not follow a specific pattern and it was all in my back. So this time I have been very aware of any pain in my back.

I have been feeling a lot of cramping in my back on and off since around 30 weeks but it was nothing to worry about. Then last night I was watching TV and one of those moments the cramping was strong enough to really bother me. I drank a lot of water and laid down. The cramping continued on and off, around every 6-9 minutes for about an hour and they felt more regular. I then decided to take a bath. It did not get away.

Now, I have this problem. I hate looking like a big baby. I did not want to go into the hospital and look like some crazy pregnant person with nothing wrong. However, I was advised to go in since Jocelyn was born early. So in I went at 1130pm. Went to labor and deliver. Sure enough I was having contractions. However, after checking me it was determined that they were not doing anything more than annoying me. I was able to go home around 1am.

So here we are. I am very glad I am still pregnant and little girl was not too impatient. But I am not excited to know that I may continue to have these contractions for no real reason for the rest of the pregnancy. 6 more weeks.......



3 comments:

Kristy said...

Stupid false labor!!! But we do need her to bake a LITTLE longer. I just hope you can do it as comfortably as possible... Good luck! Wish I was there to help.

Matt and Melody NeVille said...

Haha same thing happened to me with Joseph a week before he was due, except I was having back and chest pains.I remember feeling the same way about not wanting to look like a baby, but it's hard to tell with pregnancy- especially if the contractions are in your back! If that every happens again bring Jocelyn over!

Bethany said...

34 weeks is exactly when that happened to me with Samuel and they told me the same thing ... that the contractions would probably continue ... and they did ... and then I started dilating ... and then Becca came out to help ... and Mom worried the whole time ... and so did I ... and I nearly went insane. Good luck. Haha. P.S. You are definitely spending the weekend with me when Cory is gone. I will have a friend on call to watch our kids so I can take you to the hospital if needs be.