Voting

Friday, July 22, 2011

Why not?

"Do not ask for tasks to meet your ability, rather, ask for the ability to meet your tasks." Thomas S. Monson

This morning, after a late night up talking with Cory about our life and the direction we want to take our family, I turned on the TV as I usually do while getting ready for work because I don't like complete silence. Normally I would just turn on the news. However, this morning, when I turned it on there was Pres. Monson. I thought about changing the channel then thought "Why not?" Well, the quote above spoken not 30 seconds later is why not.

I am not sure I could explain exactly why that quote holds so much value to me right now. But I will say that I needed that, more than anything. I tend to think about all the tasks I have in front of me and become overwhelmed and find myself anxious, hoping some will go away or someone will take them away for me. Sometimes I just ignore them only to let them become greater tasks. I think all along I knew that was not the way to go, but the thought of finding a way to handle it all scared me.

But that is not the way to live life. So I will,as cory says, "pull out my straw and suck it up". I will lay my tasks before me and instead of feeling fear, I will find strength and when I cannot find it, I will pray for it. I will and I can do this. (however, sometimes I might feel fear again. But I will work at being better.)

Gotta love the inspiration we receive at 6 in the morning.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh yes, I love moments like that. You are strong. You can do it! I love you!

Fantabulous Lil P said...

Gotta love a seester like YOU!!! You are so incredibly inspired. Sometimes I wish I were Cory so I could be married to you.