Voting

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thoughs at 24 weeks

Yes, a cheesy picture. I just feel weird taking them. But I know they are fun so I do it anyway.

My first thought? I always found it weird that when someone was pregnant they always told you how many weeks they were. I would ask and get something like, "Im 28 weeks now." and in my head I am trying to figure out how that works month wise. Then I give up and just say, "aww fun!" Of course now, it makes sense. For the most part.

Then apparently once the baby is born it is all about months, even after the 1 year mark. Is your baby a year and a half? No 18 months. I still do not see the logic on that one but I am sure I will. Anyway. I am now 24 weeks (go ahead try and figure out the months) And I thought It would be fun to answer the more common questions I have been asked.

Do you have a name

The answer is yes. We have picked a name. It will be her name, unless we decide it just doesn't work. I have shied away from telling people because I fear the "oh...thats a....nice...um name.." moment. But I am getting over it now. Her name will be Jocelyn. And she will be ours. And she will be our Jocelyn.

How are you doing

For the most part I am doing well. Minus the fact that each day I am unsure if my stomach will be happy with what I eat or not. But, with such a small space who can blame my poor stomach? There might also be a few other things that are intersting but I feel no need to share them here. So yes, I am doing well.

Had any cravings

No cravings. At least not any different from before. In fact I probably have the opposite. Things I use to crave that my brain and possibly my heart yearn for but my stomach and pregnant self screams at the thought of. Most of these are things that are not good for me so I am not too upset. But I do, however, greatly miss milk. And my favorite Cold Stone ice cream creation. I am pretty sure that not too long after having Jocelyn I will be sending someone to get me a glass of milk and Chocolate ice cream with brownie and carmel.

Is Cory excited

Cory is quite excited. He makes me feel so happy and excited to be his wife and to be a parent with him. He will be the most amazing father ever! He loves to keep his hand on my stomach all the time. Really. He finally felt her move a few weeks ago. Which says a lot. She does not seem to like to preform (what? my child?) The only time you can get her is when he is laying his head or arm on my stomach. Apparently she does not like to share. We will work on that later.


So there you have it. My thoughts at 24 weeks. Kind of long. It happens. Maybe I will spare you the 34 week post. Or the,she is here novel. Maybe not.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

1)I find it strange that you don't crave much. You? Rachel? Not craving anything?
2)Love Jocelyn. If anyone has a problem with that, they can fight Cory.
3)You are wearing a fitted shirt. I am so proud of you.
4)I fully expect a 34 week report and for sure a "She's Here!" report. Just saying.
5) Baby shower the weekend that Sara is down for the Billy Joel concert? What do you think?

Rachel said...

1) I know its like my cravings are less now. weird
2) thanks. Cory will appreciate it too.
3)Its true. But to be honest, I only put it on for the picture...and because I haven't bought anything yet...ha.
4)ok.
5)If you want to I am down. I will tell you I only have about two friends here though. So it will be quite intimate. Not a problem. Just saying.

Kelli said...

Wow, you really don't have cravings? I crave mexican food and pasta like crazy! Everytime TJ and I go out to eat, he doesn't even need to ask - Mama Chu's it is!

I never got the weeks thing before I got pregnant. I'd think, why the heck are you measuring it in weeks?! Now I understand, but it's still confusing for people, so I try to tell them in months.

Oh, and Jocelyn is adorable! We're naming our little boy Andrew (Andy).

I'm glad things are going well!

Heather and Spencer said...

The week thing threw me off too! Love the name Jocelyn! Hope things continue to go well! You should keep up with the pregnancy posts, you will want it someday, and (call me weird, but) I actually like hearing what/how other pregnant mom are dealing with.

Robert and Bethany said...

Rachel I love this. I love her name, but in all reality others opinion's over the name does not matter. You are amazing and I miss you and wish we were going through this together, maybe you could help me figure out the weeks thing, cause I'm still not getting it. I love you so much!