Voting

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dare I try to be crafty?

     Those who know me know that the idea of crafty things may be nice, but I do not have the ability to actually pull it off. So I usually let others do it. But.....gasp! Shock! I might just make my own attempt. What has caused me to venture into this unknown and slightly scary side of things? This book. It is a Grandparents book. 
    Now most baby sentimental things I find cheesy. But I really like this. I love reading memories of when people were growing up. How awesome would this be? So I went to a book store to get one. Then I looked at it. It is nice, but I kept thinking as I looked at it, "if it only had this." or" I would have it say this." etc. Then I thought..."I bet I could make a better one..." 

      And there it is, the thought that got me. I could possibly make a book. So I am asking for opinions and help. Do I make a scrapbook myself? With cut outs and all those fancy things? What are good covers? Or do an online one so it is more like a published book? If so...what company should I use? I would obviously need one that doesn't require pictures on it. Send ideas my way! (oh and if I couldn't make this a little more crazy, I would like to give it as a Christmas present to Cory's parents. ( I am pretty sure they don't read this.....) Crazy I know. But I want to try.) I am patiently ( but really not so patiently) waiting for your reply. 


1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

Photo sites like snapfish and shutterfly have pre-made layouts that you can just fill in your pictures with and add captions to if you want. I made one of our last vacation and it turned out pretty nice, no talent needed! Your post also reminded me of what we have done with our son.. I do have plans to make a scrap/baby book with all of his milestones...however that is not happening anytime soon. For a baby shower gift, someone gave me a nicely decorated paint can for writing down the important milestones and tossing them in when life gets hectic. I have all the things Ryan has done, with the dates on scraps of paper in the can. When I do get around to that baby book, everything will be in one place and I don't have to worry I have forgotten something. I love it and hopefully you see it as a helpful suggestion or idea so you don't forget those memories and can have them even if you don't think you have a creative outlet to share them in. Good luck with the book you are trying to make!