Voting

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blessings

It seems that ever since Cory and I made the decision  to go to Utah that things just keep working out. I know crazy that I would be saying that. I dont think it is because we are going to Utah, but more that we are willing to sacrifice our beach and surfing time to get Cory through school. I dont know if it matters where we go but rather the fact that we are not being stubborn. 
Anyway, So we made the decision that we should go there because we knew it wouldn't be as expensive to live and Cory already is a resident. Cory decided to call his boss from his old job and his boss told him that he would have a job through school, and if he majored in electrical engineering he would set him up in California with the business when he graduated. ( how exciting we get to come back!) 
Then today Cory called UVSC to find out if he needed to take the ACT and he found out that he doesnt and, that because he has a purple heart he gets free tuition to any Utah state school! I couldnt believe it when he told me this. So now Cory will be able to go to school for free ( minus other fees and books) and he still gets his GI bill. I am still amazed. It makes such a difference for us, i might be able to go to grad school sooner than i thought. We have been and continue to be so blessed. 
It has not been an easy road for cory, and I would never wish what has happened to him on anyone, but if the Government wants to keep trying to make it up to him I wont complain. = )

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yay for good news! What a blessing that will be to not have to pay tuition. Keep the Lord in your life and you will see Him open many more pathways for you. P.S. I have THE GREATEST present planned for you and Cory. I don't think I will be able to wait to give it to you at your wedding, I think I will give it to you in March. Yippee! Don't think too deeply about it though. I don't want you to be disappointed.