Voting

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

6 Months!

This darling little stinker is 6 months old today. 6 months ago our lives changed more then I could have ever imagined. We love her so dearly but after dealing with colic, constipation (multiple times,) sensitive tummy (with formula), double ear infection, another ear infection and then thrush..we sometimes find ourselves asking," How does anyone do this more then once?" Even so, we are glad we have one! She is so stinking cute! So here are some fun facts about our little Baby J, or as Cory has nick named her "Boo" ( he has not seen Monsters Inc. and won't watch it with me!)

  • She screams, when happy and sad (you only know which one by her face)
  • She loves to talk, or scream
  • She loves the cats, and surprisingly they love her (probably because she can't chase them yet)
  • She absolutely loves music. Especially when I do my warm ups.

  • The minute you lay her on her back she will grab her feet, say side to side then roll onto her tummy.
  • Then sometimes after playing a minute, or immediately, (usually immediately) gets mad and starts screaming. This is because she wants to move. And rolling is not an acceptable way apparently.
  • More on moving, when she wants something while on her stomach she will do one of two things. 1) hold her arms and legs up (much in skydiving fashion) and hope she can somehow glide on her tummy to it. Or, 2) try to get on her knees but keep her arms down, which results in multiple face plants. She then gets mad and buries her face in the carpet. (I find this humorus)
  • She is starting to get the sitting up thing, which would come sooner if she would practice, but apparently she feels it is quite overrated when compared to standing up.
  • She always wants to stand. Always. If her feet come in contact with anything she plants them and locks her knees. This has made the jumper quite confusing to her. She pushes up then lockes her kness resulting in not much jumping.


I am sure there are so many more useless facts to share that really only grandparents read but it is late and I am tired. So , Happy 6 months Baby Boo! We love you!


2 comments:

Bethany said...

William used to do that stand up thing in the jumper too. It's so funny, isn't it? You made it to 6 months, congrats! My experience has shown me that during the first year the first 6 months are definitely the hardest. I hope that proves the same for you because really the world needs more Corchels (you like that? Corey plus Rachel ... I know, I'm a nerd)

And thrush?! After we last saw you she got thrush? What is up with that?

Rachel said...

It is quite funny. Sometimes I will bounce her to show her what it is like. But then she just sits back to enjoy the free bouncing. And yes, she has since had thrush. Apparently from the medication for her ears. You can actually see it on her tounge in the last picture...sigh.