
My first thought? What an unflattering picture of me! Yet I would rather post this then take another. (though I do love this dress. The unflattering part has nothing to do with the dress. At least in my opinion.)
So 30 weeks. (now 31 but really most people are trying to figure that out in months anyway and I am sure they fall in the same month)
My thoughts? So close but still so far.
Am I excited? Oh so very excited. But nervous as well. Especially watching the birth videos in our prenatal class. Don't get me wrong, I have seen the"birth video" before, to be a lifeguard I had to learn how to help in an emergency birth ( imagine a bunch of 15 yr. old kids watching that) But it hits home way more when you realize that will be you. What scared me the most? The needles. And the thought that soon I will be in enough pain to want those needles. Crazy! Can I just blink and have a baby without the labor part of it all? Please?
Exercise? I am currently taking spin class three times a week. This is probably good especially since I was told I should gain 25-35 lbs and we will just say I am probably not going to come in under that at all. ( I promise all I am doing is healthy. I am not crazy.)
Cravings? Still not really. At least nothing that seems worse then it was before I was pregnant. Mostly just different things sound good. Most of the time soup sounds wonderful. Also, I found out I need to be more careful then most about my eating habbits during pregnancy. I do not have gestational diabetes but I did not pass the test with flying colors. So, though oreos dipped in milk sounds amazing right now. I will not eat that. ( and no that is not a craving. ask my mom. that always sounds amazing to me.)
Jocelyn? She is growing. The ultrasound tech said she is tall. Go figure. I can definitely feel her more now. But it is not painful. Yet. I do find it funny that she seems to prefer my right side. And no, not the right side of the middle of my stomach but my right side. literally. It is pretty awesome looking. Here is my stomach sticking out, the left is all squishy, then there is this huge lump right under my arm. I had no idea she could get all the way over there!
Again, we are both so excited. Only 9 more weeks! It is hard to believe that my mom had me a week from now...I hope Jocelyn is a little more patient then I was.

2 comments:
You do not look terrible at all...I would know, I looked like a beached whale! As far as being nervous about delivering...it really isnt that terrible if you are prepared for it. Yes it sucked and was painful, but all worth it! If you have taken childbirth classes and really try to learn from what is being taught, you know what to expect in different situations and it makes it much less scary! Hope everything continues to go well! I didnt pass the first glucose test either...the 3 hour test was so not fun! Oh, and the fact that they make lifeguards watch the birth video was awful! Not that I hadnt seen it before that (my mom taught childbirth classes) but the fact that we had to watch it with 15 yr old boys made it almost unbearable!
Being the loving and honest sister that I am, you're right, that isn't the most flattering picture of you. I love you anyway and your cute pregnant belly.
I agree that seeing the birthing videos when you know that will be you is crazy. You will be fine. You don't even see the epidural needle. Yes, you could just blink and have a baby, they call them elective c-sections. Although, I don't think you really want to go that route. Sucky recovery.
My best advice? When they say to you, "You can't get an epidural whenever you want it." You say, "OK, I want it now." Don't wait until you feel "enough" pain. Just don't. Having painful contractions while getting an epidural is not so easy. Trust me on that one.
Post a Comment