Voting

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

At last...

"My Loooovvvee" ( name that song! it shouldn't be that difficult) 
Cory and I decided that with him starting school it would be a good idea to get a printer with the rest of our target gift cards. We like our new printer, and the best part about it is.....it has a memory card reader! So now I can post all the photos I have not been able to dating all the way back to our honeymoon. A whole two months! If you are not excited about that, it's ok because I am.

For the first two nights of our honeymoon we stayed at the Westlake Village Inn, in the Ronald Reagan Suite. The grounds were beautiful and the room was amazing.







Then for the rest of our honeymoon we went to Hawaii. Perfect for us. Unfortunately my camera was misplaced for the majority of the trip. But we do have a few pictures and needless to say, we had a great time being beach bums and surfing (even if we do not have pictures of it.)



The sunsets were so beautiful. I love the sky so much it is amazing! We made sure to take a walk and watch the sunset every night.




Cory found out while we were dating that I actually like flowers more then I let on, so ever since then whenever he sees a flower he thinks is pretty he will pick it and tuck it behind my ear.



Oh Hawaii, how we miss you...and the beach in general. We also went on an absolutely amazing hike with Cory's cousin. But those pictures are not on my camera and will come later.

Three days after our honeymoon we got a kitten and moved to Utah. Oh....and Cory got a Lexus ( don't worry we didn't break the bank, it is used and we got a really good deal on it.)






Our kitten's name is Marzipan. Emily has her brother. She loves plastic bags, and socks and she sneezes a lot and gets boogers everywhere. Kind of gross, yet really funny.





This is Cory's new love. He is obsessed with it. I was almost worried I would have to give up my wedding ring, but then he got hungry. It is nice though, it will make our trips to California pretty comfortable.






Have I ever mentioned that I love the sky? Though Utah may be lacking a few things that California has ( cough a beach cough) beautiful sunsets is not one of them.

While we have been here, we have had some pretty awesome people come visit us. Me two lovely best friends in the whole wide world, Emily and Lisa and Cory's dad and brother. It was good to see them, it helped me from being too homesick.

First Emily came for a week.



While Emily was here, Our friend Melissa was in Salt Lake for business, so we had a girls night and went around temple square. Melissa had not been around temple square or the conference center before, so we had a great time walking around and even went to watch the tabernacle choir practice. For a choir nerd like me, that is pretty fun.



On our way home from Salt Lake I decided I wanted to show emily the Timpanogos temple because it is so beautiful. The only problem was that I was not quite sure how to get there. Well thank goodness for the "light pollution" as emily called it, from the temple because that was our only guide. We finally made it when it was about to close, but we had a great time anyway.


Needless to say, we were both sad when Emily had to leave. No visit will ever be long enough.

A few weeks later, Lisa came with Dana on some business. Sadly we only had a day together, but we had a great time catching up and sharing stories. We bother moved to different states at the same time, so it was fun having someone who understands.




Cory's brother, Steve came and had a great time here catching up with his old friends and keeping my husband out until all hours of the night. We loved having him here.


Cory's brother, Steve, had a great time here catching up with his old friends and keeping my husband out until all hours of the night. We loved having him here.

And finally....as I finally reach the part of us being here for about two months, cory and I went on a date kind of to celebrate our two month mark and kind of because we just wanted to. When we got to the restaurant a thunderstorm had just started. We were so excited we asked to be seated outside. Of course we were the only ones there. We loved watching to rain fall, and the lighting was so beautiful.





So there you have it. Our first two months of being Mr. and Mrs. Mince. We are having fun beginning an eternity together, and miss everyone back home.



P.S. Don't the mountains look beautiful when the sun is on them just right?











2 comments:

Becca said...

Hey you found your camera yeah!!

Julia Everts said...

That is the longest blog post!! I'm so glad some of my friends are blogging now! It's so fun and i think everyone should do it!